• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 6 green onions, chopped
• 3/8 cup olive oil
• 1 (6 ounce) can canned crabmeat, drained
• 1 egg
• 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
• 1 teaspoon dry mustard
• 8 ounces buttery round crackers, crushed
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning TM
• salt to taste
• ground black pepper to taste
• 1 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs) or regular dry bread crumbs
1. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet over high heat. Saute green onions briefly until tender; cool slightly.
2. Combine crabmeat, sauteed green onions, egg, mayonnaise, dry mustard, crushed crackers, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, Old Bay seasoning, salt and pepper. Form into 1/2 inch thick patties. Coat the patties with bread crumbs.
3. Heat 1/2 cup oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Cook cakes until golden brown on each side. Drain briefly on paper towels and serve hot.