• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 carrot, diced (I use shredded carrots)
• 1 stalk celery, diced
• 1 thin slice onion, diced
• 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
• 4 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
• 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
• freshly ground black pepper to taste
• 1 tablespoon dried parsley
• 1/2 tablespoon dried basil leaves
• 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 1/2 cups ditalini pasta
1. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Saute carrot, celery and onion until soft. Add garlic and saute briefly. Stir in tomato sauce, chicken broth, pepper, parsley and basil; simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ditalini pasta and cook for 8 minutes or until al dente; drain.
3. Add beans to the sauce mixture and simmer for a few minutes. When pasta is done, stir into sauce and bean mixture.