• 1 1/2 pounds beef top sirloin, thinly sliced
• 2 tablespoons white cooking wine
• 1 cup pear juice
• 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1/4 cup soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon white sugar
• 2 tablespoons Asian (toasted) sesame oil
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
• 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
• 1/2 onion, chopped (optional)
1. Place the beef in a bowl, and pour in the cooking wine, pear juice, and black pepper. Stir to combine, and allow to marinate for 30 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, garlic, green onion, and sesame seeds, and marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat or a stovetop grill pan.
3. Remove the beef from the marinade, and discard the marinade. Place a sheet of aluminum foil on the heated grill, and lay the beef slices separately on the foil. Place the onions on another part of the foil. Cook the beef slices until they are evenly brown, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Serve over rice or noodles with cooked onion.